Swechha is a New Delhi based, youth-led youth-run organization (NGO) dedicated to enabling ourselves and others around us to ‘Be the Change’, in making a visible difference to the Environment- both Physical and Social. It is one of the leading voices on environment in India, extremely active on issues of water and air pollution specifically.
Our mission is to inspire, create and support – a just, equitable and sustainable society, for everyone and forever.
WE HAVE THREE CROSS-CUTTING FOCUS AREAS WHICH RUN THROUGHOUT ALL OUR PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES.
We are always looking for young and enthusiastic minds that can help us create the change along with being the change. Whatever your passion, we always have opportunities for you along with endless cups of Chai!
Swechha has been running Monsoon Wooding, our annual environment campaign for over a decade now. Youth, media, government and civil society have been actively engaged by us on issues of social and environmental development. Our green efforts range from waste upcycling and environmental fellowship programs to river clean-ups and creation of urban mini forests. We have planted and maintained over 40,000 trees with a survival rate of almost 90 %.
For the last 10 years, Swechha has been maintaining a community park in Rock View Apartments in Vasant Kunj. In the year 2016, we formally adopted the park from the MCD and have ever since, been actively working on developing the space into an ‘Airshed’ that would act as the lungs of the community near by. In the last 10 years, we have planted and survived over 10,000 native trees, herbs and shrubs within the park.
This year, we intend to keep the same energy and vibrance of the campaign going. Monsoon Wooding has always been a volunteer driven campaign, piloted by the citizens of Delhi itself. So this #MonsoonWooding, we ask you to join hands and help us make Delhi breathe a little better. For this, we ask for a minimum contribution of Rs 400 per sapling which will be directed towards
- Identification , planning and design of the sites of plantation
- Procurement of the saplings. We only procure native trees that are suitable to Delhi’s climate.
- Procurement of manure, mulch etc
- Transportation of the saplings
- Procurement and transportation of the equipment required to carry out the plantation
- Pre plantation activities ( making the pits for the saplings to be planted- labour cost and equipment)
- Volunteer mobilisation and engagement
- Maintenance and evaluation
- Advocacy initiatives to put pressure on the government to protect the existing green cover of Delhi and Gurgaon
This Monsoon, adopt a tree or two and make Delhi green! Every tree matters.
Total funds raised 0%