We solicit financial support from individuals, institutions and groups for our projects, campaigns and events. If you wish to give monetary help for our work, then it can be done through: Cheque drawn in the favor of ‘Swechha We For Change Foundation, New Delhi’ or, Bank transfer. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-9811812788 and we’ll provide you with our bank details.
- We created Delhi’s first urban mini forest at St Mary’s School, Dwarka in 2013.
- We planted Faridabad’s first Urban forest in 2014, once almost a barren land, now a lush green landscape.
- This was followed by the creation of Gurgaon’s first food forest and butterfly garden in 2015 with over 1500 saplings.
- Today this site in Gurgaon is home to over 5000 saplings planted over 4 years, a dense green urban fruit forest in the heart of Gurgaon, that is now completely self-sustainable.
- Swechha has also developed another self-sustainable urban forest of over 2500 saplings in Dhauj, with the support of the Indian School and The Foundation School.
- In 2019, Swechha ran its biggest urban afforestation campaign till date, raising resources to plant and nurture over 7000 saplings across Delhi/NCR.
For the last 10 years, Swechha has also worked on developing and maintaining Delhi’s first model ‘Airshed’ – a community park in Rock View Apartments in Vasant Kunj. ‘Airshed’ has seen an increase in 90 percent green cover in last decade, and today serves as the lung for neighbourhood areas.
Not just the increase in the density of greens, it has also had a considerable impact on the ambient air quality of our neighbourhood, also by several estimates the ambient temperature would be at least 3-4 degrees less than the rest of Delhi.
Thats the power of citizenship, Thats the power of Monsoon Wooding and its volunteers who have played a major role directly and indirectly in making such a huge difference!
- Identification , planning and design of the sites of plantation
- Procurement of the saplings. We only procure native trees that are suitable to Delhi’s climate.
- Procurement of manure, mulch etc
- Transportation of the saplings
- Procurement and transportation of the equipment required to carry out the plantation
- Pre plantation activities ( making the pits for the saplings to be planted- labour cost and equipment)
- Volunteer mobilisation and engagement
- Maintenance and evaluation
- Advocacy initiatives to put pressure on the government to protect the existing green cover of Delhi and Gurgaon